It's ALL about quality
That old adage about the quality's remembered when price is forgotten? True.
Gongs is a 100% Australian owned and operated business, with a total commitment to providing the quality necessary to uphold the integrity of the Australian system of honours and awards.
With a 100% online warehouse in Perth Western Australia, delivering our own brand of Governor-General-approved, highest-quality die-struck and injection-moulded reproduction medals; we also are resellers of other Commonwealth replica medals, badges and service accoutrements that are sourced from suppliers in Australia and across the world.
We only sell products we believe are the best of what is available on the market – and that means less problems and frustration for you.
Our staff have hands-on military knowledge and experience.
Our business was developed in 2000 as Military Direct and Heritage Medals, to offer something that has been lost when shopping online – service!
Various back-yarders and trinket stores offer cheap prices, but Gongs endeavours to offer more than fair pricing with the best service available. We have been through the pain of poor online service (see the Heritage Medals story link), and guarantee we won’t do that to you.
Why should you shop with us?
Protecting your family’s service memorabilia and heirlooms for both current and future generations to appreciate and enjoy, is a passion of ours. Quality counts. Service really matters.
We’re not interested amateurs out to make a quick buck, our founder is ex-service and demands military precision in everything we do; from strict compliance with orders of precedence, right through to attention to detail.
- We WILL respond to your email, as quickly as possible.
- We use full 256 bit secure encryption on our servers. Your information and card details are safe here.
- Your full credit card details are not handled by any offshore third party and full credit card details are NOT stored on our servers.
- We offer discounts to ADF and police serving personnel who register with their DRN/POL email address.
- If you have a warranty, damage or delivery issue, we will get it fixed for you ASAP.
- We don’t charge your card until your order is being engraved, mounted or despatched – we don’t use your money.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your non-engraved purchases, within 30 days; we WILL refund your money.
- When you call or email, the person you will speak to can make decisions on the spot.
- When you call or email, you’ll get someone you can clearly understand the Australian system of honours and awards. If we don’t have the answer on the spot – we’ll get it for you.
- If you want an order update, you can easily check your member account online 24x7x365.
- If you need a tax invoice, you can print one at any time from your member account control panel.
We are here to help you, if you don’t know what you need – drop us an email! If you don’t receive a response within 48 hours it will be because your computer or your ISP’s spam filter is stopping our emails.
If there is something that’s not in our catalogue you need, send us an email and we’ll attempt to source it for you.
Why should I buy medals from Gongs, when XYZ sells cheap medals for less?
All medals we manufacture are die-struck or high-quality injection-moulded – not cheaply spin-cast, sandy-surfaced brittle, poorly-plated pewter.
All medals we carry, are double-sided replicas, with obverse and reverse sides faithfully reproduced. Not single-sided approximate copies.
All medals we provide for you, include a full, court-mount length of riband (250mm full and 150mm mini size). Riband is NOT an additional extra or a measly few millimetres for swing mounting only.
We only sell medals we manufacture ourselves to strict, high standards, or the best possible medals we can source from all available world-wide manufacturers.As the saying goes, you really do get what you pay for. Business owners know what their product is worth.
We believe these things are the least we can do, for you – we genuinely value your support.